milk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

enjoyfish

Aquarium Advice Activist
I saw a strange thing tonight , I was looking at my live rock and i saw what looked like a squirt of skim milk come from a deep crack . but i cant see anything in there .anyone know

Was it like a powder like spray? If so it's from a slug like creature, we have quite a few of them, from what I've been told they don't do harm, infact I've found mine to eat a lot of different types of algae. They are pretty cool, and they move quite fast for something that looks like a snail, hopefully next time you'll be able to see him, I thought I had a picture of them shooting what looks like smoke signals in the water but I don't, next time I see it I'll post it, it's pretty cool because I've noticed that when one does it sometimes two others shoot their stuff up too.

I'll look for the pic of the slug and post it on here for you maybe give you something to look for.

:)

Thanks reeflady. What a wonderful photo. You must have been very lucky to have caught such an event.

Those are some really good pics. how about posting pics of your whole tank. My snails from time to time will release sperm. It is really amazing to watch the inverts. along with the fish.

EMS503,

Thank you very much! I do need to update our site with some "full tank" pictures. I never seem to be able to take very good shots of the whole tank.

Here's one...

Your right you don't take good shots of your tank, Thats a great shot of your tank.
im jealous :mrgreen:

man if my bad shots looked like that i would be taking pictures of my tank everyday. what kind of camera do you have it takes wonderfull photos.

Thanks to you both! It's a Nikon Coolpix 995.

enjoyfish ~ Sorry for turning your thread into a photo thread. :) I hope we figured out your "milk" for you!

Back
Top Bottom