Mimic Tangs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redsea

Aquarium Advice Addict
IS there any kind of relationship between the Mimic Tangs and their Angelfish look a likes? Or do they just look similar? Can you keep them together?

I'm just curious, thanks! :-D

IS there any kind of relationship between the Mimic Tangs and their Angelfish look a likes? Or do they just look similar? Can you keep them together?

I'm just curious, thanks! :-D
Nope ,they just look similar ,only in the juvi stage:)
I kept a mimic, AKA chocolate tang with an angel for about a year..I had the tang for about 3 and wathed it morph from juvi to adult..I really like the mimic tang
Here was mine as an adult

Attachments

• DSCN1457000033.jpg
    DSCN1457000033.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 129
FTMMWS said:
Nope ,they just look similar ,only in the juvi stage:)
I kept a mimic, AKA chocolate tang with an angel for about a year..I had the tang for about 3 and wathed it morph from juvi to adult..I really like the mimic tang
Here was mine as an adult

Wow, he looks really nice! Thanks for posting!

Wow, he looks really nice! Thanks for posting!
NP,,sadly he died from ick way back when i didn't QT:(,,He was the only loss and thats when i learned my lesson on Qting...
I really think i will have another one at some point,,they are a great fish

Sorry to jump in here but how long does it take for the mimics to start changing? Mine is 3 inches and all yellow right now.

Sorry to jump in here but how long does it take for the mimics to start changing? Mine is 3 inches and all yellow right now.
Its so hard to put a true time table on it...once it starts it goes fast though..At 3 inches i think it will be happening very soon

NP,,sadly he died from ick way back when i didn't QT:(,,He was the only loss and thats when i learned my lesson on Qting...
I really think i will have another one at some point,,they are a great fish

Sorry for your loss.

Back
Top Bottom