Mimimum time to mix saltwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aadair22

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a candy cane coral that is not looking to good the last couple of hours, and am planning on doing a water change ASAP... I just started mixing the salt at 5:40pm.. What is the soonest I could do the change? Tonight or should I wait till the morning? Kind of worried.. It just started to shrivel up a couple of hours ago like the lights had just gone out.. About to do some tests as far as ph and nitrate and other basics go.. Help needed!

Also, things I did to my tank today was gluing down a paly frag with gorilla glue (told that was ok to use), and prior to that I had dipped the frag in a 75% tank water 25% hydrogen peroxide mixture because of some hair algae that came with it... Thought I had rinsed the frag good enough.. Think either of these factors could be the problem?

I have a candy cane coral that is not looking to good the last couple of hours, and am planning on doing a water change ASAP... I just started mixing the salt at 5:40pm.. What is the soonest I could do the change? Tonight or should I wait till the morning? Kind of worried.. It just started to shrivel up a couple of hours ago like the lights had just gone out.. About to do some tests as far as ph and nitrate and other basics go.. Help needed!

Hi there !!

When i mix my salt , i left the water all night long with a power pump and a heather to make sure than the next day the water is perfectly mixed and the same temperature of my main aquarium!! But i think to that depends of what kind of salt mix do you use in your aquarium!!

Thanks for the reply.. I am going to wait until tomorrow and let it sit overnight.. It started to inflate a little bit so hopefully it's ok. Freaked me out though! It's never done that before.. We will see what tomorrow brings

Thanks for the reply.. I am going to wait until tomorrow and let it sit overnight.. It started to inflate a little bit so hopefully it's ok. Freaked me out though! It's never done that before.. We will see what tomorrow brings

You're welcome!! I don't know what type of salt mix are you using but i'm using brightwells at 1.025 ! And to be more exactly i use around 23.60 oz. and it gives me exactly 1.025 salinity on 5 gallons of RO/DI water !!

My coral reef pro salt says to mix it until it is fully de solved, but maximum 4 hours...

Be sure to use to/di water!

Back
Top Bottom