mini carpet anemones?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HoCkEyGmC

Aquarium Advice Addict
any1 have 1? info about them? could i get 1 for my nanocube? not the actual carpet spieces. the Stichodactyla tapetum. get upto 5"...

Just want you to know that they are the most lethal of the anenomes. I believe that anenome in a small tank could cause problems no matter what size. JMO

I believe the Stichodactyla tapetum is the larger of the species, and can get up to a foot. I think they are dyed a lot, in the hobby, leading to stress and a reduced life cycle. The greens are their natural color but can vary slightly in color depending on lighting and food source. I would stay away from red, blue and yellow. I'm not too sure on the feeding but they are probably photosynthetic. I have hit the end of what tiny bit I know about them. Hopefully some one else can be of greater assistance.

i porbly listed the wrong name, i have been trying to read up on them and i have read that there are types that stay small and there are the big ones. the types that stay small do not host clowns and their natural colors are vibrant and varied.

Mini-Carpet anemones get about 1" in diameter and will do just fine in your tank. They look a lot like Ricordea or Yuma mushrooms. They are pretty cool little critters and can multiply quickly if your water conditions are good.

Stichodactyla tapetum is the smaller version

Here is a link with information on the mini-carpet anemone.

Are the mini carpets as prone to eating bottom dwelling fish like gobies? I've heard their larger siblings can have a big appetite.

The mini carpet doesn't get much larger then 2.5" in diameter so eating a fish would be tough for it. They will accept meaty bits but will like most other anemones get what they need from good lighting and water conditions.

For the most part they look, as I said above, like ricordea mushrooms. They come in a huge number of colors and will create clusters as they grow, very similar to that of a ricordea.

This was on the article that was given. I`m posting this as far as your question on bottom dwellers.

"Aggression - VERY sticky, will catch a fish if given the opportunity"

This was on the article that was given. I`m posting this as far as your question on bottom dwellers.

"Aggression - VERY sticky, will catch a fish if given the opportunity"

well i dont really care too much for my dwarf hermits... jk not a bad thought tho...
=p

Back
Top Bottom