Missing anenome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have had a long tentacle anenome for about 2-3 years now and for the past 4-6 months he has been getting smaller and smaller. Based on what I have heard these guys dont last long. I saw him this morning. However tonight he is gone. The water doesnt look like he got sucked into a PH but I wonder if this isnt the case. He was about the size of a half dollar and really didnt have much to him. My tank is a reef and is about 130 gallon total and have about 175 lbs of LR. I tested my trate level and its either 0 or very low if anything. My PO4 level is 0.
Im wondering if he did die I would think my tank would be able to handle it without a spike of any sort. I have inverts and corals. What trate level can those handle? I think I have seen people with as much as 50+ trates and everything still be ok??

Mine has moved around the tank a few times. It even did the power head feed for a day, but it is still around. My Condi does the same thing once in a while.

with that much LR and being so small, perhaps it's wedged in somewhere and you just can't see it ... or it could have been "cleaned up".

I'd test very often to make sure there are no issues just to be safe.

I have a lta that I've had for over a year. It will shrink down and hide in the rock once every few months like it just needs a few days of down time. It comes back out in a day or two as healthy as ever. In my experience though, shrinking in size means it's not getting enough light or the right kind of light or a change in lighting. Is it time for new light bulbs maybe? Or have you just replaced bulbs? The small size it is at, you probably won't notice any difference in your parameters but I'd watch them just in case. As for the trates, I had some down time where I wasn't able to maintain my tank the way it should be and my trates were extremely high. My corals and anemones never shown any sign of stress but since I got things back on track, they do seem to expand more so I guess while they can tolerate some, it's probably not the happiest enviroment for them.

Mine does like fluff`s . It just moves and hides and then reappears for a showing. Then off again to discover itself.

Back
Top Bottom