Missing Bubble Tip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CaledonFish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

I purchased a Green Bubble Tip this past saturday from my LFS. I drip acclimated him for 45 mins and floated him for another 45. I then placed him in the middle of the tank in some moderate flow. He seemed happy as he was starting to open back up and his bubbles seemed to be getting larger. Well sometime between saturday night and sunday morning he has disappeared. I understand they like to move about, but this critter is nowhere to be found. I have had multiple people look and nobody can spot it. I am hoping someone here has had this same situation with a happy outcome. I would hate to lose my Bubble Tip one day one.

Likely moved to the back where you can't see. You could try aiming a powerhead in the back to try and entice it to move back into view.

Happened to me once and I found it under a rock tucked away, likely I could flip the rock over and he has stayed ever since. Might be an idea to start re arranging the rock work to find it, it will be needing some light soon enough!

Thanks for the quick replies. I think I might try turning the power heads to see what happens. I was trying to avoid moving any live rock but if the power heads don't work then I guess some rearranging of live rock will have to happen.

Thanks again

It's most likely moved to a more suitable spot for now while it gets used to your tank. I'd suggest to find it so you know where it is, and move the rock it's on in a few days and see if it will stay where you'd like. They do require decent lighting and clean and stable water parameters.

Well I turned everything upside down in my tank and still couldn't find my Bubble tip. I did however find a green blob in the sand under one of the rocks. When I went to grab it the blob smeared in my hands. Im thinking this might be whats left of my Bubble tip. The last time I checked my water, which was tuesday, the readings were
PH- 8.1
Ammonia- 0
Nitrite- 0
Nitrate- 0
Salinity- 1.025
Temp- 79
Phosphates- .05
Calcium- 400

So I don't think it was the water conditions.

The only bonus is I found an emerald Crab I thought was dead. Maybe the Anemone will magically appear like the emerald did. Although I highly doubt it.

How old is your tank?
When I first tired my hands at GBTA's I did not have any success but my tank was still young. Now have RBTA's and they are doing great.
Chances are what you found was the GBTA if you don't get them out from underneath the rocks they are usually goner's from my past experience that is how my first one died.

I wouldn't have thought a nem would deteriorate that quickly? How did you acclimate it and how long has the tank been up? No like stable water, so although your test results look good they need to look that good every day, always. How often do you test?

It is a new tank. Its been up and running 6 months. I thought that maybe it would work out because I get the same test results every time I test the water. The water seems pretty stable. I test my water weekly, but sometimes I check every 5 days or so. I just thought I would get a GBTA in and let it get situated before adding to many inverts. Sort of let it have the pick of its spot.

Any suggestions on what inverts to place in a 55G, 6 month old tank? I currently have a Star polyp (doing very well!) and 2 Zoa Polyps that piggy backed in with my Star Polyp.

Thanks for all your advice!!

Back
Top Bottom