Missing cleaner shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ajm

Aquarium Advice Freak
My cleaner shrimp has been missing for about 4-5 days now. Does molting take this long?? Only fish are a maroon clown that has never bothered the shrimp, a scooter blenny, and a blue green chromis. There is a nem in the tank. Could it have had a snack?? There is no sign of the shrimp I moved a lot but not all of the rock work looking

Well, I don't know how we'll you have looked for him, but mine does stay hidden away for several days before and after a molt. It could be that, or perhaps he died and was cleaned up by the CUC?

Beengirl said:
Well, I don't know how we'll you have looked for him, but mine does stay hidden away for several days before and after a molt. It could be that, or perhaps he died and was cleaned up by the CUC?

There's not many more places he can be seeing as he's pretty big. It's possible he was cleaned up I suppose. Too bad he was a character

Ajm said:
There's not many more places he can be seeing as he's pretty big. It's possible he was cleaned up I suppose. Too bad he was a character

That's sux if he's gone. I adore my cleaner shrimp. They're a lot of fun.

Yea I had 2 for like a year and all of a sudden the one vanished no idea what happened to him he was always Milton and the pair were constantly producing eggs they grew a lot also what is the lifespan of a cleaner shrimp ?

Madreefer420 said:
Yea I had 2 for like a year and all of a sudden the one vanished no idea what happened to him he was always Milton and the pair were constantly producing eggs they grew a lot also what is the lifespan of a cleaner shrimp ?

Not sure but my longest one I've had was 5 years.

Still no sign. I expected at least a whisker or something. Either the nem got him or I have a really good clean up crew. Probably gonna get a blood shrimp as a replacement. They do the same thing right? Not sure of the difference.

My blood shrimp hides most of the time. My cleaners are always out and visible. I read that blood shrimp have a tendency to hide behind rocks.

My blood shrimp have always stayed hidden over the years. Only really see him during feeding times. My cleaners are always out and about.

Yea the cleaners are super active all over the tank where the bloods are creepers they like to jump around in caves like they are in the matrix I even have a video of my blood shrimp doing a weird twitch dance thing does it every now any then kinda looks like a dog shaking when yet are wet but the shrimps body makes it look really weird ill see if I can find it

Back
Top Bottom