missing clownfish!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom.fish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys I recently bought my pair of tank bred clowns ( yesterday) and they started hosting a small catalaphelia coral (elegance coral) today I noticed the smaller clown was missing?
In the tank I have :
Green clown goby
Leopard wrasse
Striped blenny

Corals:
Elegance coral (small)
2x leather corals
1x bubble coral
1x small Xenia

I also have a pistol shrimp that I've herd before.

The tank is a 55 gallon and I was just wondering if anything on the list may have eaten it.

Thanks.

do you have a cover? its not too often but clowns do jump. i had mine for 6 years of running an open top tank and out of the blue he jumped out. it only happend about 2 weeks ago. i am genuinely still sad about it.

Thanks for the replies guys, sorry to hear about your clown mr funktastic, none of the fish look sick at all an the little clown didn't either. I do have lids on the tank but There is a small opening but I checked on the ground and nothing. I don't have CUC apart from a few snails. Do you think the pistol shrimp is responsible? Thanks guys for the help

Is he small? What kind of filter ? I lost a tiny baby clown because he got sucked into the overflow and down into the bio balls. I got him out but he died in QT shortly after. It was tragic.

Pistol shrimps aren't predatory so we can rule him out. If it was a mantis shrimp however, that is most likely your culprit.

Back
Top Bottom