Missing fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bobothefish

Aquarium Advice Regular
Is it possible that a p. shrimp can eat a baby chromi? I seemed to have lost it and I spent hours trying to find it, I took my filters apart, checked hoses, checked nooks in the LR. No sign of it anywhere. I also have a sailfin tang but the other p. shrimp gets along very well w/ it so I dont think he was the one to eat him. I feel bad for the little guy and his brother ,now he lost his compadre. I can say Im a bit perplexed at his mysterious disapearance. I hope his ghost doest come back and haunt my other fish. Can anyone pray for me that I may one day discover what happened so I can put this to rest.
thanks.

I highly doubt it would have eaten a healthy fish. I don't have much luck with chromis for some reason. They either jump or go MIA in my tank.

A small fish can just rot away in a day or two.

Hm...could be in someones stomach....I remember a fish going missing in my freshwater 70 gallon, and then seeing another fish with a pregnant belly....:p

Oh, Shrimps can eat small fishes. I had a lobster hunt down common gold fish for food. The Goldfish was slightly smaller than the blue freshwater lobster. And a shrimp hunt down a juvenile guppy...while its resting.

My pistol has eatten a couple healty fish. he has eaten a 6 line wrasse a yellow watchman and a fairy wrasse. so yes he could have eaten them. he has also eaten 6 peppermint shrimp a few hermits some snails. he doesnt touch my clowns or his pink spotted goby. but yep he pistol shrimp can be mean and aggressive.

that sucks man. Is it worth it to you to have a pistol shrimp? I know there cool but man! thats a lot of fish. Souunds like he needs his own space. Kind of like me with my girl.

Back
Top Bottom