Missing Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nxb161

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Months and months ago I bought a red neon goby to put in my 29G tank. I wanted something small, but I thought this guy was too small. My lil' nephew was with me, and coaxed me into buying it. It stuck around for a couple months, mainly staying in the back around the rocks. I introduced an emerald crab into the tank, and since then I hadn't seem it at all. I never had an issue with emeralds before, but figured maybe it got it. Well about three weeks ago I moved that tank from one room to another. I took out all the rock, and all but around an inch or so of water. Well that confirmed it, no neon goby :(

Yesterday I was feeding the tank, and out of no where the red neon goby shoots out of the rock work, grabs a tiny piece, and hides in the back. I watched him dart around the back, and then hang upside down from a rock like it does. Just to see if it'd happen again, I fed the tank a little food today, and he came back out again :)

Not sure if he was hiding in a hole in one of the rocks, or was hiding in the 1" of water, but wow, just amazed me that I did a tank move and didn't even see him. :D

Dosent sound surprising when we first set up our tank we bought out LR from our Lfs and they checked it over several times for fish but nope. Only to find when we got back there was a goby in there shame the Lfs hadn't put water in the bag otherwise he prob be still alive now they seem good hiders... 

Back
Top Bottom