Missing fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alexis56

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I purchased a royal gamma 5 days ago. I know they are very timid fish so I assumed it would hide for a couple days before it comes out with it's normal personality.
Today, I got worried about it since everything I read said it should have at least been out for a little bit. Plus it needed to eat.
So I decided to move my live rock one by one looking for my missing fish. As I lifted each rock I inspected the caves and any place a fish could be stuck. And as I pull out the last one, still no sign of my royal gamma. ?
I also searched my filter, inspecting everything very thoroughly trying to find my fish. And still no sign.
It seems impossible for my fish just to go missing! What should I do?

A while ago after not seeing my yellow watchman goby for about three days I started to worry he had died. I took out every single rock and saw no sign of him. Assumed he was dead, but the next day when I got home from work he was sitting there staring at me as usual. Given that yours was a new acquisition, you may not be so lucky but don't give up hope! Also, many times the corpse will be consumed and completely disappear...

I have 2 ocellaris clowns, 6 dwarf red tip hermits and 6 snails in a 29 gallon biocube

I am hoping I am that lucky to eventually find it. Royal gammas are such beautiful fish, i'd hate to see anything bad happen to one.

Saw my RG peek out of my rock for a second today so I know it's okay! :))) I guess it's just really really good at hiding!

Ive learned over the past 2 years that its impossible to find a fish if its hidden. Just recently i thought my niger trigger was dead, so i looked, and looked and looked. Even removed all my rock.... Only to come home later that night and see him swimming around.

Back
Top Bottom