Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-21-2014, 08:41 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Missing Neon Goby

I added a Neon Goby to my 75 gallon reef two weeks ago. He's never been shy and as shown a lot of personality, even cleaning my hands when they happen to be in the tank.

Today while I was at work he seems to be MIA. He's not carpet surfing and the only thing that may be remotely in having a neon snack is my RBTA but it's well fed and he always gave it a wide berth.

Any thoughts? In hiding or DOA?

Water 80 F
PH 8.2
Ammonia 0
Nitrate 0
Nitrite 0

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Old 09-21-2014, 09:02 PM   #2
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

It could be hiding or dead...hard to tell. Have you checked any overflows as well?
In terms of your anemone making him a snack, a healthy fish isn't going to be snacked on by a BTA. They have really awful prey capture ability.

Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 09:07 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Checked all overflows and intakes, no sign of him. Even searched between rocks and coral with a flashlight with no results. Couldn't see it all of course.

Seems strange cause for two weeks he seemed to be the life of the tank, cleaning my blackcap or drivibg the clowns nuts every time he came within 6 inches of their nem.

I'll keep an eye out for a few days before considering a replacement. I hate to lose him.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Tags
goby, missing, neon

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com