Missing Pistol Shrimp :/

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

francis

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well I came back from a 1 day trip to northern california and when I came back home my pistol shrimp was missing. I only have a 40 gallon tank and I know where his burrow is. The reason I think he is missing/gone/dead :((... is that his burrow was getting filled with sand, which to owners of pistol shrimp know that is very unusual. I tried to resist the urge but could not help it and tried to sift the sand beneath his live rock and see if he was trapped in a cave in but I found nothing. I pretty much cannot find my pistol shrimp and am very sad. The only tankmates he has is 2 clarkii's, 1 lawnmower blenny, 1 watchman goby, and cleaner shrimp/hermit crabs/1 emerald crab

I don't know what I am hoping to hear :( ,,,,my thoughts are he starved to death and is under my sand somewhere. :nono: I am not expecting miracle advice but does anybody have any thoughts on this? I miss my shrimp very much

Also, it bothers me even more because I 100% saw him on saturday morning when I left home, he was burrowing and cleaning his burrow like always. I came back Sunday night around midnight. I can't think of what could possibly have happened to him :/ , I am still hoping he will miraculously show up somewhere else but I have been watching the tank for any sign of him and am pretty close to accepting the fact he is probably gone :/

I havent seen my pistol shrimp since the day i put him in the tank. I only know he's alive cause he makes mounds of sand and I can sometimes hear his clicking.

I wouldnt rip apart the tank looking for him, most likely he is still in there somewhere...lol

Back
Top Bottom