Missing Purple Firefish and Mystery??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

johnkristie

Aquarium Advice Freak
I had the wierdest thing happen in my tank. I had a Purple Firefish in my 225 gal fish only community tank. The fish was doing great, eating like a pig, out all the time, picking stuff out of the water column. Then one morning he was gone. Totally dissappeared. Looked all over the tank and found no dead body. That was about 2 months ago. So I figured he was dead and maybe the hermits finished him off. Then out of the blue, he shows up again yesterday like nothing had happened. He was a little thinner and fins a bit frayed, but was out eating and swimming around like nothing had happened. What could have happened? :? I figured with two months of not eating and being somewhere in the tank he would have died a long time ago. The only thing I can think of is that he maybe swam into one of my overflows and survived in there. But that doesn't explain how he got back into the tank again. Anyway, I'm happy he is back!! :D

Back
Top Bottom