Misty Fine Bubble from Venturi Skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Just wondering, are the tiny bubbles that emit from a venturi skimmer bad for the fish? The bubbles seem very very tiny and I don't want to hurt them...It is not a saturation, just a little bit...

Well, I understand your reasoning; but now a days there are laws protecting our beaches. I know what would a few pounds be in regards to the whole beach, but I would hate to see law enforcement catch you in the act and there be a law. You could find yourself paying a lot of money for logic! You also have to worry about contaminants. People throw a lot of CRAP onto our beaches. We all are faced with the same problem (prices for this hobby) and nobody said this hobby was cheap. One other option for you would be silicate sand (play sand), it must be pure silicate; but it can be purchased at Home Depot relatively cheap.

Just my 2 cents! :wink:

Salty,

Your reply does not match the ?. If you can tell us what post you ment to reply to we can move it over for ya.

timbo2,

Are these bubbles being dumped into the tank? If so you should be alble to adjust the skimmer some how to reduce or stop the bubbles from dumping into the tank. If this is a new skimmer I have seen them do this for a few days and then they stop once teh skimmer has been broken in.

Tiny Air bubbles

I didn't have a lot of cash and bought a Visi-Jet PS100. It is brand new though. I don't think it is an excessive amount of minute bubbles, I have it turned down all of the way to 25gph...venturi valve is turned down a bit also. If I increase, it will saturate the tank with air...

Salty did answer the question I had posted and then wiped out after seeing the other post in General Questions. I was wondering with all of the sand at the beach, why couldn't you just use some of that sand to either use or seed would be the question edited...Not trying to do it for free, just trying to cut corners where it makes sense.

Thanks for the reply Salty, FishFreek

Back
Top Bottom