Mithrax Crab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PatM

Aquarium Advice Freak
Do these guys really eat bubble algae, I hate plucking that stuff out? Also, what will they eat after it's all gone, will they scavenge or do I have to supplement with some seaweed or some mysis/plankton when I'm feeding the corals/fish?

My Emeralds will eat just about anything. They pick algae all day and eat scraps of food after feeding time.

They'll eat bubble and all others sorts of algae... no need to supplement after it's gone....

mine doesnt eat bubble. my tank has very low algae now ( knock on wood :wink: )
so i put a small piece of nori in for him once a week. he comes out and grabs it and walks away to eat it

steve r

Mine always eat it unless the bubbles get too large. If there isn't any, they'll pick and eat whatever they can find. Looks like their whole mission in life is to eat.

Mine eats it. I also suppliment with algae disks and chapped shrimp. He seems to eat anything I give him.

These little guys are eating machines! I'm not sure they ever sleep! I have 5 of them and they keep the rocks just slick!

Back
Top Bottom