mixed tank not growing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mix my own. I have tried io, reef crystals and salinity. Probably going back to IO since its cheaper and dont need the extra cal or alk since my reactor does that part

What would you recommend to feed that wont kick the phosphates up. Is a pellet food better?

What would you recommend to feed that wont kick the phosphates up. Is a pellet food better?

Personally I mainly use frozen and toss some pellets or flakes in only once in a while.. Like once every two weeks maybe.

I can't remember from the rest of this post but if you don't have any type of macro algae growing in your sump, you might want to look into it

Pellets will raise po4 a bit, but I don't think it will keep them that high. Do you rinse your frozen before dumping it in? Depending on your fish, it may just be better to float nori or romaine and just feed frozen.

I dont I thaw the mysis in some tank water and dump it in

That could be the source, if you soak it in anything I would try not to rinse all of that off, but don't dump all the "stuff" in the cup with the frozen. I rinse then soak in zoe, then dump that into a net over my skimmer bucket, then feed.

Back
Top Bottom