Mixing clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sneaker

Aquarium Advice Activist
on on the subject of clowns, can you have 2 pairs in one tank, I am assuming you can if it is large enough, thoughts?

I am think clarki and ocellaris...

I though this might get quite a few responses so I have slit the topic to keep things on track :)

As far as your question is concerned, it really does depend both on the tank size and the species of clowns. I know a few people with large tanks (225+) that have mixed species and still have fighting to some degree. I think if you where to mix two less aggressive species you would have better luck but not less than a 150 gal tank even then.

I would be leary of mixing clarkii's, maroons, tomato and cinnamon. They are very aggressive as a rule and should not be attempted with any other clown species.

Cheers
Steve

I have two clarkii's in my 80 gallon tank and they still fight some, but not enough to get rid of one or anything.

I was refering to two or more clowns of different species. Even same species will fight to some degree as a mated pair but it is more squabbling than actual aggression.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom