Mixing Clowns?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andrew Richardson

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Mixing Clownfish?

I have two marine reef tanks, one is 250 litres, the other is 450 litres.
In the 250 litre tank i have recently had two black and white ocellaris; I originally bought two from the same lfs, one died after about 3 months with no obvious symptoms of any problems, so i bought another one, same size and coloration from a different lfs. They have been swimming together non stop with no fighting for the last 8 weeks, but this morning i found one of them had died (the second of the original two, so both purchased from the initial lfs have now passed away) :0(

I am now left with one b/w ocellaris in a 250 litre tank and have two tank raised common clowns (both smaller than the b/w one) in the 450 litre tank.

Both tanks have very good water quality, other livestock in both tanks, and have had no problems with any other fish regarding health.

What advice would you give as to transferring the b/w ocellaris into the 450 litre tank with the two commons?

Any input welcome :thanks:

Mixing clowns can be trouble. They have a habit of fighting with each other. I'd either get another clown for the B/W to pair with or think about selling her. Mixing her with the other pair could cause tank drama.

Hmm,well a 450 liter is about the size of a 125 gallon(what is the dims of yours.?)..It "may" be possible ...Not saying to do it ,but the tank is a decent size to try..Its been done,but i think the chances of the pair killing the new one are greater than it actually working

Hmm,well a 450 liter is about the size of a 125 gallon(what is the dims of yours.?)..It "may" be possible ...Not saying to do it ,but the tank is a decent size to try..Its been done,but i think the chances of the pair killing the new one are greater than it actually working

4ft by 2ft by 2ft

Back
Top Bottom