Mixing damsels, and what stocking options later on

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marc118

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Will a Yellow Damsel and a Jewel Damsel be ok in a 60g?

I just upgraded to a 60g with a 40g sump/refuge so my plan has changed a bit.

If the two damsels are going to be ok together, what other semi-aggr (or community) fish will be able to be held with them.

Damsels are generally aggressive to any fish. Two damsels are ok together in a 60G since 60G has enuf space for them so they wouldn't see each other all day long. I don't think you should add small community fish in there with them or the damsels will beat them up. Either semi-aggr, agrr. and large community fish will be ok. HTH

So I can mix semi-aggr with other semi-aggr safely?

Ive read that Anthias are a deepwater fish? This would probably be the reason I stop going to the LFS as they have 3 in a heavily lit 200g reef.

Do you have any suggestions as what else to add?

I have 5 damsels. I added thenm all at once. The blue devil is very aggressive. My 2 three stripped ones are next in line for aggressivness. My 2 yellow tails are pretty peaceful, until feeding time. I added a clown and none of them bothered him, I added a fire shrimp and the 3 stripes kept eating his antennas. I added a royal gramma and only one 3 stripe and the blue devil went after it and stressed the poor thing to death....sigh. It might be easier if you had a wish list and asked if they would be oky w/your damsels....

i have two yellow tail blue damsels in a 30 gal. after about two months together one started to beat on the other. I put the bully in a floating breeding trap for a few days. he did end up jumping out but since then peace has been made.

I wouldnt add a typical damsel to any fish tank imo. clowns and chromis are ok, however I have noticed that my 2 percs love to pick on my 3 green chromis. Damsels are little devils i tell ya.

Back
Top Bottom