Mixing Dwarf Angels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gboy66 said:
Ha yeah like twice as much!! Thats what has detered me from the flame. Bummer

I think the bicolor gets ich easier..

Haha yeah if only they were the same price. Dang really ich? I haven't yet experienced with it and don't want to. Shoot

DWilliams said:
Flame is a very hardy and easy fish to take care of also.

Really? I guess if I ever see a cheaper flame that is healthy at the LFS I'll buy one.

Are you worried about the angel nipping at your corals? If you are really into corals i would get a cherub angel because im pretty sure they are less prone to, but im sure some will. If your not as worried then bicolor or flame are definitly the two coolest IMO :D

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Are you worried about the angel nipping at your corals? If you are really into corals i would get a cherub angel because im pretty sure they are less prone to, but im sure some will. If your not as worried then bicolor or flame are definitly the two coolest IMO :D

Haha yeah. I got no corals right now. But I might be getting some softies so we'll see. Hopefully they don't do anything.

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Im pretty sure angels dont nip at softies... Its mostly sps and some lps corals!

Haha that's good. Really want some mushrooms and star polyps !

What makes the flame more easy than the bicolor? Is it the feeding?

Yes, it's the feeding. Flames (in my LFS experience) have always been easier to get onto prepared foods than bicolor.

Haha yeah if only they were the same price. Dang really ich? I haven't yet experienced with it and don't want to. Shoot

Cleaner wrasses and dragonets are typically cheap too... most are starving before they even reach the LFS. Ich wasn't the issue overall, IME.

Im pretty sure angels dont nip at softies... Its mostly sps and some lps corals!

I had to get rid of my half black angel, not only for nipping at LPS, but also at my softies (pricey zoas mostly). They are well-known clam mantle nippers also. You never know. I believe Melosu58 had a bad experience with a flame angel (specifically) in his reef, and in addition to my own experience, I have read many other accounts of this problem. Basically, you can never trust an angelfish in the genus Centropyge- which most certainly involves the pygmy cherub angel. ;)

Basically, you have a decision to make- do you value your potential corals over your dwarf angelfish, or are you prepared to go FOWLR just in case? Based on my own experience, coral munchers tend to be quite expensive in the long run, or you have to tear down your entire tank to get them out (oh, so fun, trust me).

JMHO.

Back
Top Bottom