Mixing Dwarf Angels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jake337

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm planning on buying a Bicolor angel and a Flame angel for my 55gal. My question is, does anyone have any experience with mixing angels and is there anything I could do to allow this go happen?

Jake337 said:
I'm planning on buying a Bicolor angel and a Flame angel for my 55gal. My question is, does anyone have any experience with mixing angels and is there anything I could do to allow this go happen?

I have a 55 gallon tank I have around 40lbs of live rock with lots of places to hide. I mixed a lemon peel and a coral beauty and the coral beauty was dead within 24 hrs this was my story it may be fine if u have a large take 125 or larger

ByzantineWV said:
I have a 55 gallon tank I have around 40lbs of live rock with lots of places to hide. I mixed a lemon peel and a coral beauty and the coral beauty was dead within 24 hrs this was my story it may be fine if u have a large take 125 or larger

Holy crap! Dang that sucks. I really like angels and would really want them to live together. I've seen people have many angels together but idk how they did it. Maybe just luck.

Crazycajun said:
I have a 150 gal. I have a coral beauty and flame angel. They are great.

That's awesome! Were there any fighting when you first introduced them?

No put them in at the same time. That was the key. For me. Don't get me wrong they like their own space so when the other comes they kinda show a hey you in my place kinds attitude but I would not call it fighting at all. Move like a dance that says get out my space. So in a 55 might be a little tight.

Crazycajun said:
No put them in at the same time. That was the key. For me. Don't get me wrong they like their own space so when the other comes they kinda show a hey you in my place kinds attitude but I would not call it fighting at all. Move like a dance that says get out my space. So in a 55 might be a little tight.

Alright. Thanks for the advice! Im still deciding if I want to risk have 2 angels together. I really want a bicolor and a flame, not sure which I would rather prefer.

crister13 said:
In a 55 there is bound to be fighting. Some people can't keep 2 in a 125.

Yeah. If mixing them is going to lead to fighting, one would b best but which? Bicolor or flame?

Flame is typically an easier fish to keep than bicolor, if that helps. Always ask to see the fish eat before you buy it.

crister13 said:
Personally, I would go flame. The colors are insane.

+1 I love my flame.

I have a 120 and tried a flame and coral beauty, flame killed the coral beauty after 48 hours.

That's you guys! Yeah I think the only difference for me is the price. Flame cost more than the bicolor.

I would go bicolor because i think they are sooooo cool. I love the contrast in color the bicolor has. Flame is cool as well, but there are other red fish you could add to get that same look.

Nu-Nu the eel said:
I would go bicolor because i think they are sooooo cool. I love the contrast in color the bicolor has. Flame is cool as well, but there are other red fish you could add to get that same look.

Haha Nu Nu your decision makes it so tempting!!!

severum mama said:
Flame is typically an easier fish to keep than bicolor, if that helps. Always ask to see the fish eat before you buy it.

What makes the flame more easy than the bicolor? Is it the feeding?

Jake337 said:
That's you guys! Yeah I think the only difference for me is the price. Flame cost more than the bicolor.

Ha yeah like twice as much!! Thats what has detered me from the flame. Bummer

I think the bicolor gets ich easier..

Back
Top Bottom