Mixing dwarf angels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

natman2

Aquarium Advice Activist
I currently have a flame angel in a 75g tank. The dwarfs are undoubtedly my favorite and I would like to add another in a few weeks. Maybe a lemon peel, pygmy or similar.

Any potential compatibility problems? I am told they can be mixed as long as they are different species and do not look similar. The flame was added 5 days ago and my thinking is to add another species of dwarf before he becomes to established.

The individual personality of the flame seems to be on the mellow side. Slow mover constant grazer with no aggression toward anything in the tank.

I may have made a mistake adding the flame first however. There is a lemonpeel at a local LFS that is a bit larger than my flame, maybe this is the way to go. I have also spotted a bi color at another LFS that is a good bit larger than the flame.

You probably will be Ok provided you get one that looks different and is bigger. Do not get a coral beauty or he will fight with the flame to the death.. Also getting these angels make sure you are not going to want a reef tank later on. The angels are nippers.

Back
Top Bottom