Mocha clown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Unclebob

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I left the top off of my tank the other night after cleaning it, and the next morning found one of my mocha clowns dead outside of the tank. Not sure what caused the fish to jump out, I've learned my lesson on keeping the top on my tank. My question is, will introducing another mocha clown to tank result in pairing again or do I need to get another pair. The clown (female ) left in tank seems depressed and idles in back of tank since male jumped out.

Thanks for advice.

Bobby

Your female clown may have chased him out of there.. You could get a smaller clown and hope that it's a male and that they get along..

Clown fish behavior is strange as I am learning from experience. Check out my thread in this forum.

I would try buying another fish and putting them both in the quaratine tank at the same time. Then both fish are on the same footing as to territory since it is new to both.

I have read that Clown fish have the ability to change sex as needed to pair up. No idea if this is really true but the research says the the larger fish will normally become female.

Yes they are born genderless and the larger becomes a female smaller male and btw just throw another in they will fight for a while then be fine

Back
Top Bottom