Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-09-2005, 11:00 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Modules vs Sump

Hi,
As you know from previous posts, I am looking at adding a sump to my setup. The main reason is to put the skimmer and heaters out of site and water flow. I saw this Lifeguard modular filtration system which will incorporate the heaters. What do you think of these? Can a skimmer be added to the line? is a UV Sterilizer needed (what does it do)?

http://www.pentairaquatics.com/produ..._products.html

Thanks.

Old 03-09-2005, 01:53 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
For info on what a UV unit does check our articles area please. We have a few good UV articles in there. As far as if a skimmer can be added to the lifeguard modular filtration my guess would be no. You could add it but its not going to be enclosed like the rest of the modules and if you do end up adding it then you will most likly end up adding it to a sump. Their are three basic styles of skimmers. You have the ones that go inside the tank, the ones that hang on the back of the tank and then the ones that sit in a sump. The later two can easily be placed in/on a sump.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 06:11 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I guess my question really is - Is a sump better than this Lifeguard modular filtration system? if so, why?

Are there any other modular filtration systems that you recommend?

http://www.pentairaquatics.com/produ..._products.html

Tags
sump

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com