Monti Cap Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MsBeanCtr

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just moved my monti cap into my 72 gallon tank that has T5 HO lighting. It's up towards the very top of the tank. It was in a smaller tank (again, towards the top) but it was under MH lighting.

I expected a change in the coloring of it but I am concerned that's not doing well...perhaps it's just a normal change to the lighting. It's gone from a rusty red color to a brownish red (much duller).

I'm at work now otherwise I'd have a picture of it. I tested my water last night and the only thing that was off was my nitrates.....it tested just under .5. My calcium is a little low (due for a water change tomorrow) at 380.

Do you think I can keep a monti cap with T5 HO lighting?

How long has it been in the new tank? It may just need time to adjust. Does it still show good polyp extension?

How far from the water surface are the T-5's?

The monti has been in the tank for almost a week. I've never seen too much of a polyp extension from this coral ever. It grew like crazy in the other tank.

The t5 fixture is about 3 inches from the water surface.

I have red monti`s thriving under VHO`s. I would say you should be OK under T5HO`s.

That's about the correct distants. Just leave it and see how it adjust to the area.

It is probably just changing color due to the change in light. If it was really stressed i would think it would just bleach not change color. It will probably take a couple weeks for it to settle into the new tank and placement

Back
Top Bottom