Montipora cap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cardinal3420

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so I have had this red montipora cap for about a month now in my system that I got from my Lps. The owner had the frag for a little less than a year. For the most part it was in good shape when I bought it but it had 2 small "dead" spots that branched off the side apart from the main piece. Since then I have notice a great color change too a deeper red on the whole piece in it self. But to my surprise tonight I noticed with my led moon lights on that the former "dead" spots have turned florescent green just like my really bright Green Favias under the light and appear to be a green Monti cap under my T5s! Is this really possible? Has anyone ever experienced something like this? I'll attempt pictures in the morning. I tried with the moon lights but the color is very hard with my phone camera. I have growth of about 1/2 inch also in this last month. It's doing great so far!

getb t

that green thing is a nudibranch that will eat the flesh of your montipora___________:fish2:get the coral then use a twizor to pick that thing of or do the natural way by purchasing a butter fly fish or 2 red coris formosa wrasse

? No this is growth on the "dead" spot. I though it was dead when I bought it but it seems the zooxanhellae have returned, edges are white with new green growth.

your right where did i get nudibranch from your discription LOL:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
sorry thats pusible i'll ask you one question what is your lighting system because it's pusible :facepalm:

I know it could happen, it's just random that one part is red and the other green. But it's T5s and MH.

my friend said that it's because of the light it hapend to him that green thing grew in to a new individual:blink: hi has 4 t5, 2 actinic and 1 white.......or for me it's a new specie

SPS coral can change a color depending n the conditions. If it needs more light, it can turn brown and if there's too much of one spectrum it can turn a different color to block it out. Think of the color as a sunscreen.

Back
Top Bottom