Moon light??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JohnnyOneBeat

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I want to upgrade my lighting on a 90 gal tank. I've been looking at PC light because its cheaper. The two I've been concidering are:

Coralife Aqualight Compact Fluorescent Strip Lights OR,
PowerCompact Moon Lite both on drsfostersmith.com

I was wondering first if these will work well enough for a reef tank with soft corals? Second I was wondering what the advantages of moon lite are and if its worth the extra money? Does anyone know of a better website?

Any info would be appreciated,
John

Check out our specials on the Custom Sea life hoods in the sponsor specials forum. THe moonlites aere definately worth the extra money. They look incredible at night! Besides that CSL makes a better product than Coralife. IMO.

I have the CSL moonlight on mine, I keep it on all the time, when the flourescents go off, you can see the moonlight. The package says it 'puts the fish in the mood', not sure about this but I think it helps my shrimp to molt and the tanks not in total darkness. It's worth the cost.

I just got a moonbeam and it was the best 50 bucks I ever spent. Mine puts out a shimmering light that is so relaxing... My fish really seem to like it.... :lol:

Back
Top Bottom