Moon light question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thenewguy8753

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
How long should the night light stay on? Or should it stay on all night?

How long should the night light stay on? Or should it stay on all night?

Some leave moonlights on all night others don't. Mine for example do off at 3am-7am then mythic cycle starts all over again. I do believe its good to give everything a period of total darkness.

Both for saltwater and freshwater.

Some leave moonlights on all night others don't. Mine for example do off at 3am-7am then mythic cycle starts all over again. I do believe its good to give everything a period of total darkness.

Both for saltwater and freshwater.

Got it! Thanks for the info. I just wanted to make sure because min do off at 12am-7am.

Mine normally go off at 10:30. If I peek into the tank after that with a small flashlight I find the fish all in their sleeping spots.
One night for a test I had the night LEDs stay on for a couple more hours. The fish stayed very active the whole time. It seems they don't go to sleep until it's very dark or they get exhausted.

I leave my moonlights on 24/7 to help balance any swings in ph, ive notcied my damsels never sleep unless its dark 100%

I leave my moonlights on 24/7 to help balance any swings in ph, ive notcied my damsels never sleep unless its dark 100%

I respectfully disagree. You can leave them on for awhile like I do. Off at 3am and lights on at 7am, I don't think will make a difference with pH.

I just like the moonlights :) i havent had any issues with ph swings and since day 1 with the tank ive had them on 24/7 only turned them off to control diatoms. Im getting alot of red coraline algae, which is slowly turning purple

I just got some, reefkeeper elate controllable follows the moon cycle. Bright on the full moon. Very cool IMO

About 68.00 just the moonlight, and I got other stuff. so no shipping charge BRS last group buy
The reefkeeper I got for Christmas a couple of years ago. Then I had OT get the net another pug and it just keeps going.

About 68.00 just the moonlight, and I got other stuff. so no shipping charge BRS last group buy
The reefkeeper I got for Christmas a couple of years ago. Then I had OT get the net another pug and it just keeps going.

Sounds pretty sweet!

Mine normally go off at 10:30. If I peek into the tank after that with a small flashlight I find the fish all in their sleeping spots.
One night for a test I had the night LEDs stay on for a couple more hours. The fish stayed very active the whole time. It seems they don't go to sleep until it's very dark or they get exhausted.

My maroon clown stays up all night even if the night light is off

Back
Top Bottom