Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 10-13-2007, 01:56 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
Thanks guys, you've been really helpful. I'll keep an eye out for a decent sized actinic solution, and I'll check out that site now Sparky.

EDIT: I may have found something, from Interpet. They do a range of 12" long T5 compact tubes, in white and deep blue/actinic. I may get 2 whites and 1 actinic (white/actinic in the middle/white) which are 24w each; this would give me a total of 72w. What sort of corals/clams could I keep with this amount of lighting in my 10G nano (and low-medium waterflow)?

What does anyone think? :-

MarkW19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 09:03 PM   #12
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award
From what I understand the blue spectrum of light is what reaches the corals as the sunlight travels through the water. Here is a good example of the green glow you get from the actinics. I use 2 50/50 and 2 super actinics. You can see it in the finger leather.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0696_178.jpg (53.3 KB, 27 views)

melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 12:54 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, I seem to have found a pretty good solution. I've got 2 of the 11w over-tank lights that I like, in white, and I just bought a 3rd one, and I bought a 9w actinic lamp from eBay in the US, and it works nicely in it.

So, I have 3 lights, 2 11w whites, and then the 9w actinic in the middle, creating 31w in total.

I'm having the actinic on all day (11 hours), with it on by itself for an hour each side.

MarkW19 is offline   Reply With Quote

light, lighting, moonlight

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com