Moonlight question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Clownfish25

Aquarium Advice Activist
Have a 38g tank I bought an led strip that is about a foot long. It has 8 blue LEDs that produce 100 lumens . Is this to much light to leave on during the night? What amount of time should they stay on?

I think I have posted in the wrong spot but another question would be how will this effect my corals. Open brain , frogspawn, colt coral and Xenia. Posting light question in another spot.

I have my moonlights run from when my blues go off for 2 hours, until midnight. i wouldnt leave them on all night, fish and corals need dark time too.

I agree. My moonlights start at 8pm and ramp down all the way till 3am then total darkness until 7am when the light cycle starts over again.

oh bugger i have the rsm 250 and my moon lights come on about 8.30pm and starts again at 11 am

I keep my moonlights on all night. Never has an effect on corals but they are not very bright ones either. Im gonna plug them into my PC4 and setup a cycle and see how things go that way just to experiment but i dont expect a change.

Back
Top Bottom