Moonlights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok i got the pdf, I saw this exact manual on ebay it was a diy kit for like 25$ It wouldnt give the full manual even on thelebos.com. Did you buy the diy kit???

Hmmm, I read all of it and I have one question, there is another site that I have looked at and it says you solder the resistor to the node (The +) and the manual that gave me says connect to the cathode (The -) which one do I do??? Also I want to do my moonlights this style:

http://www.kaotica.com/frag/diy/moonlight/

Hook it to the - or cathode side, also I know radio shack has 100 ohm and that's close enough if you are using the transformer I posted the link for. If you use another then use the calc. in the back of the manual to get the right resistor. :mrgreen:

BTW Your welcome. No I didn't buy it. Someone emailed it to me and I'm just passing on the favor. :mrgreen:

Also, I have one more thing, I decided to go with your power supply suggestion\

http://www.radioshack.com/product.a...name=CTLG_009_001_001_001&product_id=273-1757

and I did the math:
Adapter=4.5
LED=3.7
Resistor=Going to find that out

I did 4.5-3.7=0.8 and then divide 0.8 and .02=40, Is that the Ohm of the resistor I need to get??

I want to do the cool telephone wire method, but I dont know if the radioshack adapter has the telephone wire to plug into the coupler then to the 5 connections that go to the leds. Does radioshacks adapter have the telephone connection??

Yes 40 sounds right, and no the adapter does not have the telephone connector, you have to put it on.

Also, do I need that special rj (Telephone connector) crimp to crimp on the connectors or do the connectors just slide on??

I found a portable cd player adapter and the spec on it say:

Output: 6V DC 600mA

Would this work??? Im trying to save as much moneya as possible, Im scavengering areound my hoes for telephone cords and all for my moon lights.

:oops: :oops: Yea, that's right I did my original calc for the 6 volt for you. Sorry, So you can still use the 100 ohm resistor if you can't get the 115 ohm. They would be slightly brighter with the 100 ohm. Don't mean this to sound funny but do you have any alligator clips? You need at least 1 but 2 would be better. before you start soldering you need to clip the alligator clip onto the led lead, It will absorbe some of the heat away from the actual led.

Yea, we do but we only put it on while soldering right?? and the heat shrink will go over the led that has the one prong electrical taped so it wont cause short circuit. Also my cd player adapter, do I cut off the end and just solder the rj connector??

You can, yes. just follow the directions on the paperwork to get it right, I didn't do mine that way so I don't know how well it works. It seems like a good plan though.

Back
Top Bottom