Moonlights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SaltwaterTeen

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am wanting to get moonlights for the aquarium. But I was wondering if I could get christmas lights and replace the bulbs (the small christmas lights) for blue bulbs, would that work???? Just want to see them in their natural habitat

I think that would work ok. Just as long as you don't use too many and make it too bright in the tank. I'd also be careful of not getting them wet as they are not made for an aquarium.

Build your own. It's pretty easy. I can help.

Okay Im willing to do what you got planned, I want a project to do, and It would be best to make my own concidering its good for advice and I work for it. The reason why is because I live an hour away from a fish store that would carry them, and I dont want to go far. Ive got plenty of local hardware places and all. Just tell me what I need and how to do it justmy2cents :) :)

Where could I get the led lights at?? My dad is lazy so he was wondering if we could buy an led under car kit and just mount it to the hood?

Do you mean the neon under car kits? If that's what you mean I don't think that would work very well for moonlights.

There was one but I can't find the link. I think they were somewhere along the lines of .37 instead of .95.

It's real easy, If you can even use a soldering iron you can do this. The biggest thing is putting a "heat sink" on the led's leads to keep it from getting too hot. After that it's just a matter of hooking them up to the wire. email me @ rc_mania(at)comcast.net. I will be glad to send you a "book" that was given to me that explains it all in detail. :mrgreen:

Lebos is good stuff. I just finished mine about 15 min ago. Here are a couple pics. I used a plastic wire guard for the housing, thats about the only difference in the plans. I am really happy with it.

Back
Top Bottom