Moonlights...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

havefun

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm interested in getting a moonlight for my 75g tank. I don't want to (read "can't") spend a lot though. It seems as though there are a lot of different kinds out there and I was curious to know which (if any) are a waste of money. Right now I just have NO lighting so a clip-on etc type would be great (if they are any good).

How bout a night light (one of those flourescent blue)... That is what I was using until I bought my Current light strip... It doesn't use much electricity and doesn't cost much...

Ok, as I've done more research this has turned into more of a general lighting question. All I have right now is a single NO light strip. Is that sufficient for a 75g FOWLR? Assumming I stay with NO should I be looking at a twin or triple tube strip?

All I have right now is a single NO light strip. Is that sufficient for a 75g FOWLR? Assumming I stay with NO should I be looking at a twin or triple tube strip?
Yes it is enough for a FOWLR. Adding a twin tube fixture will allow you to "adjust" the color of the light a little more by adding different tubes. As far as the moonlights, check out the Coralife single lunar light. It comes in 3/ and 1 watt models and has a suction cup for attatchment. I have used them and like them just fine.

I run a double strip NO 2x40 wattl ight on my 55 fowlr and it is more then enough for them. I have URI bulbs... 1- actinic white 1- super actinic brings out the color on the LR and fish, its real nice for cheap lighting....

lando said:
As far as the moonlights, check out the Coralife single lunar light. It comes in 3/ and 1 watt models and has a suction cup for attatchment.

I use 2 of the 1 watt models of these on my 90 reef and love the effect. I caught them on sale at one of the online sites and paid less than $20 each for them.

Back
Top Bottom