Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-01-2005, 07:16 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

The site that seaham mentioned has the LEDs for about $5 each, and transformers for around $8. I have two in my 30 gal, wish I had gotten three. 1 every foot of length is not unreasonable. You can dim them by adding a resistor, if you think they're too bright.

http://autolumination.com/fixtures.htm

Livestock I added:

1 skunk cleaner. 12 hermits: red, scarlet, blue. 15 or so assorted snails. Discosomas, Ricordia, Rhodactis mushroom corals, chaetomorpha (sump), 1 feather duster, Montipora digitata, Montipora capricornis, Montipora hispids. assorted zoos, Xenia, Kenya tree coral, green Sinularia, green star polyps, branching hammer coral, bubble coral, Devil's hand leather. Yellow chromis, purple firefish.

Hitchhikers: the usual suspects :crabs, bristles, urchin, mantis shrimp (now in exile in mantis tank)

List of possible/likely newcomers:

Feather duster. PJ cardinal, Bangghai cardinal, Firefish goby, Clownfish, Neon goby, Yellow watchman goby, Orchid dottyback. Various corals.
midiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 07:17 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

The site that seaham mentioned has the LEDs for about $5 each, and transformers for around $8. I have two in my 30 gal, wish I had gotten three. 1 every foot of length is not unreasonable. You can dim them by adding a resistor, if you think they're too bright.

http://autolumination.com/fixtures.htm

Livestock I added:

1 skunk cleaner. 12 hermits: red, scarlet, blue. 15 or so assorted snails. Discosomas, Ricordia, Rhodactis mushroom corals, chaetomorpha (sump), 1 feather duster, Montipora digitata, Montipora capricornis, Montipora hispids. assorted zoos, Xenia, Kenya tree coral, green Sinularia, green star polyps, branching hammer coral, bubble coral, Devil's hand leather. Yellow chromis, purple firefish.

Hitchhikers: the usual suspects :crabs, bristles, urchin, mantis shrimp (now in exile in mantis tank)

Feather duster. PJ cardinal, Bangghai cardinal, Firefish goby, Clownfish, Neon goby, Yellow watchman goby, Orchid dottyback. Various corals.
Old 04-01-2005, 11:23 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to RocketSeason
this is starting to get way to technical for me.
Hardware: 37 gallon SW tank and stand by Oceanic Systems, Magnum 350 Pro Canister Filter (half carbon), CPR Bak Pak 2R skimmer, Maxijet 1200 Powerhead, RenaCal 150 W heater, Compact fluorescent lights with moonlights. 40 lbs of liverock, 3" sand bed.

Software:2 Tank-Raised Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Purple Firefish, 1 Electric Orange hermit crab, 18 Blue Legged hermit crabs, 8 or so Nassarius snails, Xenia, Blue, green, and Green Striped Mushrooms.

Click here to vote for AquariumAdvice.com: The friendliest, fishiest place on the net!

Central Illinois Marane Aquarist (CIMA) member.
RocketSeason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 12:31 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I was going to start a topic on this when i got my pictures developed but I guess no need to wait. I thought they looked really nice so about a week ago i was looking at them at lfs and they wanted $25 for a single one. I drove a block up to the mall and went to Radio Shack. I got 4 leds for $4.29 each. 4 led holders ($1.69 for pack of 2). I old cell phone charger (free!!) *obviously make sure it the output matches the leds you buy*. 12volt switch (free!!,,had one left over from installing hide-a-way strobe lights in truck). Approx $20 total!!! I opened up the All-Glass Aquarium 48" dual tube and drilled 4 holes from the back side of the reflector. Ran the wires from the led to the switch mounted on the front of the case. Drilled a hole next to the stock power cord to run the cord from the old cell phone charger in. Took me an afternoon but the best part is the stock look. Nothing clamped on or sticking out. All running from one power supply. I will post the pics whenever I finally finish the roll of film.
Old 04-03-2005, 12:35 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
roll of film
What's "film"?

(Digital camera joke- sorry)

Livestock I added:

Old 05-15-2005, 11:28 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

who uses the coralife pc hood with the moonglow leds? And how do u change out the led in it once they go out?
Old 05-16-2005, 06:12 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Regular

These moon lights have no negative affects on any of the fish or coral?

2 clowns - 1 damsels - 1 royal gramma - 1 coral banded shrimp - 1 cleaner shimp - 1 emerald crabs - assortment of snails and hermits - sandsifting star - orange starfish - 1 hammer - 1 bubble - 1 toadstool - 1 small colony of zoos
SpEd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
55 gallon, light, lights

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com