Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-27-2004, 11:17 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to fishman
moonlights question

Anyone have any good thoughts on moonlight for 125 SW? I don’t want the full CP moonlights….maybe just the small lamp you see advertised in the fish magazines. Its basically a snap on to the back of your tank snake arm lamp. Does anyone have any ideas on moonlamps….how to make good ones, where to buy good ones, etc.
Thanks

Old 04-27-2004, 11:25 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
If your good with LED's and a sodering iorn then you could make your own moonlight strip of LED's.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 11:28 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to nguyen27 Send a message via Yahoo to nguyen27
Hey hey,
I justed checked out Walmart yesterday, they are now selling LED light strip for like $10, I'm not sure how bright that is, but a small strip like 1/2 x 1/2 inch and about like 10 inches long dimension, and don't think of a problem if you can make it any color you like by putting piece of color plastic cover on it, I'll go get one today and see how it go.
Old 04-27-2004, 12:10 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to fishman
ok let me know. I have been looking at even places like Autozone as they have LED strips as well for cars. I will wait and look at walmart as well in my area and if you will let me know how it works for you. I hate to pay $50 for a single LED official moonlamp from a fishstore!!
Old 04-27-2004, 02:04 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Make your own, its really easy and really cheap, u can go to radioshack and get a soldering kit for $8 and get leds and calculate what ohm u need for your resistors I am only 14 and either today or tomorrow my radioshack will get the leds in and I got everything else I could send you very good instructions on how to make ur own. Just pm me Btw, buying under car leds are pretty strong. I got A 5 light system DIY from just radioshack, it only about $20-40 Alot better than buying from a lfs

Tags
light, lights

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com