moonlite LED replacement??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HotSauce

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
thinking about upgrading to a PC...im currently looking at the 2x96 CSL moonlite fixture..one thing i wanna know: are replacement bulb/LED for the moonlite easy to find?? is so where can i get them?? thanks

CSL just went out of business so there will be a short supply of spare parts. There is a new company introducing a moonlite PC hood very soon. I will be carrying these. check them out at www.current-usa.com

Hey Darrin, I read somewhere (maybe here) that these people bought out CSL, any truth to that? Also will they be carrying/manufacturing/distributing the CSL brand PC bulbs?

Our moonlights have been running for 10 months with no dead bulbs yet. I belive that it said that they would last for 3 years and possibly up to 5. I have to tell you they are a great fixture I love mine.

well i know that 1 led is good for over 10,000 hours of usesage. that is a long time. so i do not think you will have to change it out for about 4 years or so. and they keep a constant beam of light so the wattage dose not decrease over time. they are one of the best lights out there.

I have heard that the current VP of CSL and some ex higher up from Coralife have shifted all production to china. This was done in order to lower production costs. I have to beleive that the bulbs will be china made. THe product line will be similar but everything will be manufactured in china instead of the US. Again this was heresay and not to be taken as fact; yet!

Back
Top Bottom