Moorish Idol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kreach

Aquarium Advice Freak
I went into my LFS today while on lunch break to pick up some RO water. While I was waiting, I wandered around through the store and I did a double take when I passed one of the larger tanks they have set up. There was a moorish idol in there!

It was around 6-7 inches, so I'm thinking it was an adult. Absolutely stunning fish... too bad they will devour a reef and have a dismal sucess rate in home aquariums. :(

Kim,

Sad that they have him in there, actually. As I don't think it's very concientious to collect those guys - it's not too far from just killing them - they should be left at home - their home. :)

Agree though - certainly one of the more striking Marine fishes.

Tom

Yep..I'm gonna have to make a trip over there just to see him tonight! Fortunately you dont see many of them in LFS now days.

Squishy

TheMadNucleus said:
Kim,

Sad that they have him in there, actually. As I don't think it's very concientious to collect those guys - it's not too far from just killing them - they should be left at home - their home. :)

Agree though - certainly one of the more striking Marine fishes.

Tom

It was kind of sad... watching him swim around knowing that he would likely be dead within six months or less. :cry: :sorry:

Back
Top Bottom