Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 06-12-2005, 09:14 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm with you I like the list. I always buy tank raised fish. Even my clown was tank raised. I can't stand the thought of taking something from the wild. I feel guilty enough just watching them in the tanks. I'm going to check out the list. One thing that keeps me in check is I'm to scared of buying a fish that dies easily because I'm scared it going to die and pollute my tank.

Don't take life too seriously, No one gets out alive.
Scatcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 03:49 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist
It ate nori and brine but died 10 days after I bought him of ich
such a shame...if you got him to eat, you had done the impossible. Every fish that I was unable to keep, died because of its refusal to eat. Ick on the other hand is curable just sounds like you didnt have enough time

Saltwater Aquarium Enthusiast (sôltwôtr -kwâr-m n-thz-st) - One bound in servitude as the property of a person, household or object.
Synonym - Happiness in slavery
juskeepswiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 05:46 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak
The last time I was in my LFS, a customer was bringing back a Moorish Idol that he claimed to have for over a year. He said his triggers were starting to pick on it and he didn't want it to die. The fish looked absolutely terrible...it looked skinny and it had no yellow in it whatsover, just white and a grayish black.

If he really had kept it for a year, that's pretty amazing but I wonder if he was telling the truth.
ZoozFishMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 07:39 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict
I do not see them too much around here. I have only seen three total in the last two years at a couple different LFS. However, I am sure there has been more. It is simple supply and demand. As long as hobbiests keep demanding these fish, LFS will keep sullying them. The only sucessful story I have heard about these fish was a guy that had special-ordered two into the LFS to add to his other three he had kept for a number of years. He had a 500gal tank and said he had luck feeding sponges and clams.
Some people are like slinkies...they serve no real purpose yet can still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!:p
Have a great day! Brian
lando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 08:48 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic
I won't even dare get one. Maybe one of these days when I get a 2000 gal aquarium... then I might consider them. Other than that... in the ocean they stay for me.

RLG2182 is offline   Reply With Quote

lfs, moor

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com