More bad luck/news brown flatworms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamal-188

Aquarium Advice Addict
I spotted about 20-30 brown flatworms on my front glass today. I used a airline hose to siphon them out but I'm sure I didn't get all of them. Any suggestions on what to do? Should I get flatworm exit and try to use it now before the population of them grows to in insane level within a week or two?

Flatworm Exit, do it now before its a huge problem. Some fish actually eat Flatworms, but if this was the case for you, the fish would have given up 20 to 30 tasty snacks on the front glass...

I would only use chemical control as a last resort. I had a population in the hundreds and now they are hard to find. I did the manual siphoning for a few weeks with water changes and they are now under control. Their population wax and wane with available foodsource so you may not have a prolonged problem.

Well, I only have 1 blue devil damsel in the tank becuase something killed the rest off a few weeks back.

I"m just worried they are going to get out of control in a 110g w/ almost 200lbs of LR. I have some red/orange flat worms in my 30g that I can't seem to get rid of. ugh, decisions decisions....

what are these flatworms and i take it they are bad i have seen some white worms swimming in my tank are they bad as well thanks jester

I believe there are different types of flatworms. I had whitish colored ones that died off on their own, but only a few here and there. From what I've read, they are pod eaters. I've read the red/brown ones can irritate corals. That and they are unsightly and reproduce like mad. They can get out of hand in no time.
Here's a pic of one of mine to give you an idea of what they look like.

Back
Top Bottom