more reason not to shop at inlandaquatics online

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alrmc4

Aquarium Advice Addict
wow in doing some more study on the conchs they sold me i have recently found out that queen conchs get huge they thought i would need at least 15 2 20 for my 75 come to find out more like 1 geez glad i only bought 5 wish i had asked here before i asked them anyone want a queen conch?

maybe then sent you fighting conch's.
I love queens. I lost mine in the holocaust...it will take them a good while to outgrow your tank.

no when i called i asked what the difference was...was told queens stayed smaller and the fighting they were sold out on want one or 2 or 3????

Queens are most definitely the larger of the 2, and will get huge - eventually 10" - 12" long, though I imagine that would take years. We have three Fighting Conchs, and 2 Queens in our 180g. I was shocked at the size of the Queens when we got them - about 3" long. We've had the Fighting Conchs almost a year, and they've yet to reach barely 2". They're both really hard workers - very cool to watch.

Here's one of our Fighting Conchs:

conch.jpg

The Queen have relatively the same diet as the Fighting conchs - being primarily algae & detritus eaters. They do require a large DSB, and do a wonderful job at keeping it clean!

More info. on these critters here: Grazing Snails — Part II

HTH,

Anyone know much about Tiger Cowrie's? I hear that they eat anenomes and corals but some say they dont does anyone have any experience with these snails at all?

Back
Top Bottom