More than 1 starfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AndySmithers

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all,
I have in my tank a monster (as in "big", not as in "predatory") of a green brittle star.
Now, I know, I know that they have a bad rap, but I've had him for almost 2 years and, althoug he's needed a lawyer once or twice (!), he's never been found guilty!

My question is, though, is it OK to have a more "traditional" star - say a Linkia - in the 90 gallon reef in addition?

TIA,
Andy.

I've kept brittles (even a green one til he started eating fish) with linkias with out a problem.

oops

Now, I know, I know that they have a bad rap, but I've had him for almost 2 years and, althoug he's needed a lawyer once or twice (!), he's never been found guilty!
Too funny!! :lol:

I think you would be fine also, just be sure to do a VERY slow acclimation, linkias are very sensative.

Didn't know brittle star eats fish. Mine is about 1 1/2" and stays hidding in rock holes all day with just his tentacles/legs haning out. Should i just go ahead and remove him before he eats my fish?

Didn't know brittle star eats fish. Mine is about 1 1/2" and stays hidding in rock holes all day with just his tentacles/legs haning out. Should i just go ahead and remove him before he eats my fish?
Just the green ones are a worry and only when they get really large for the most part. None of the other Brittle's have that reputation.
Even if yours is a green one, you can target feed him and maybe keep him from going after your fish.

Yeah, I've had other serpent/brittle stars and they are wonderful. And not all green ones end up being bad. Mine just didn't want to behave. :?

Back
Top Bottom