more water movement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sansouci01

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I started a 2.5 gallon nano tank a few months ago. I have a blue damsel in it for now and want to get some coral after the tank gets a little more stable. My problem is that I get a film on the top of the water sometimes. I had the same problem with my 20 gallon tank until I got some more water movement on the surface. I have a deep blue nano HOB filter on the 2.5 gallon tank and it just doesn't move enough water around on the surface to get rid of this film. Is there a better filter I can use to get more movement for my little tank?

I started a 2.5 gallon nano tank a few months ago. I have a blue damsel in it for now and want to get some coral after the tank gets a little more stable. My problem is that I get a film on the top of the water sometimes. I had the same problem with my 20 gallon tank until I got some more water movement on the surface. I have a deep blue nano HOB filter on the 2.5 gallon tank and it just doesn't move enough water around on the surface to get rid of this film. Is there a better filter I can use to get more movement for my little tank?

lets see if i get yelled at for this, remove the damsel because your tank is no where NEAR large enough for it. your oily surface is excess proteins (probably due to the tank size, feedings, and nutrients due to the fish in there)

You don't know his experience, life, or setup! How dare you say that fish doesn't belong in there!

That being said, I agree 100% that tank is far far too small for a damsel.

Guess I didn't do enough research on that...What would be a good fish for this size tank? And, any suggestions on better water movement?

I get what you guys are saying, but your grievances do not belong in this thread. This person hasn't displayed any of that kind of response, so to bring it in here is completely unwarranted. Please, guys and gals, let this thread be about sansouci01's particular situation and lets do what we can to help.

I get what you guys are saying, but your grievances do not belong in this thread. This person hasn't displayed any of that kind of response, so to bring it in here is completely unwarranted. Please, guys and gals, let this thread be about sansouci01's particular situation and lets do what we can to help.

I don't think they meant that was what sansouci01 was going to say, just that generally it's not an easily accepted response.

I don't think they meant that was what sansouci01 was going to say, just that generally it's not an easily accepted response.

Yes I understand that, but that's my point. It has nothing to do with this particular situation or person, so let's not make his thread about that and just give him the advice he is asking for.

personally i would say no fish in a 2.5, but some cool inverts? halloween hermits are cool, maybe a pom pom or sexy shrimp?

Catalina goby would work, however they are a cooler water species. If you want to do corals I don't feel it would be a good symmetry. You could explore doing corals, and a few sexy shrimp. That would give movement in the tank from the shrimp, and color from the corals, without making a poor condition for a fish. I attempted a 2 gallon once, and salinity changes quick, and nitrates can get out of control. Just keep a close eye on parameters...

Thanks for the info. Fluval is coming out with the sea evo 5 in the summer. Looks like a great all in one package. And not bad for 100 bucks. I might just let the tank be until then. At least I will have 5 gallons to work with...:lol:

Back
Top Bottom