Most amazing setup ever!!!! 850 gallons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ahh yes... Steve West's tank... the envy of... well, just about everyone who sees it. :)

I saw a picture several months back of his lighting setup. His light hood is actually built on rails and he can slide it out of the way to get into his tank.

Very cool!!

I couldnt even venture an accurate guess of how much something like that would cost. Into the 10's of thousands easily. Perhaps even $25,000...

Ahh yes Steve's He is very local to me.. I have not been over to see his setup yet but I am hoping one of these days I can get over there and check it out in person... You guys might want to check out Mojoreefs tank as well Here is a link http://mojoreefs.homestead.com/files/280_001.htm

Those are the 2 biggest tanks that I know in this Area.. I plan on one of these months soon to be rolling with these big boys LOL...

James

Well I figured that I would say that I am going to see this tank in person Tomorrow afternoon.. I am going to see if I can take the Camera and snap a few pics while I am there..

James

LOL, I love the tank but I wouldnt go that extreme, the only way I would go that extreme is if I had $200,000+ that looks like it was very expensive to setup and electrical bill would be alot too, also considering waterchanges, also, is he rich????

Well I went and Saw it in person and HOLY $&^* I was speachless.. I didn't even ask if I could take any pictures... But My GOD it was just amazing.. The entire thing is created out of 1" cell cast acrylic.. The light hood on sliding rails was just awesome... There was a HUGE A. Tort Colony... It was the most amazing tank I have ever seen... It felt when i was in the Viewing room as though I was in a Sub looking at the real ocean... His setup is just awesome.. I would Love to have a setup like that But I know I couldn't even afford the month Power bill to run all 12 400w MH lights... The tank and stuff could be saved up for but I know what my power bill is to run 2x 250w Mh lights, the tank and that is pretty expensive... It was probably the best thing that I have ever seen and the pictures even though they are good just doesnt do the tank the justice that it deserves... The tank is a Work of art from the ground up..

Steve, If you happen to read this Thanks Again for the awesome experience seeing this tank..

James

Back
Top Bottom