Most annoying thing about your SW tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Right now I have been frag crazy and while trying to glue loose shrooms or a colt frag and finding just the right spot, either the glue does not hold or a darn hermit/snail knocks the frag off.

Still missing a shroom and a colt frag :(

Everytime I put my hand into the tank to move plants, rocks, get dirt from the filter, my tiger barbs try to eat my freckles!! And when one goes everybody else does it too!
This is more of a funny thing than a annoyance but I thought I put this here anyway - thank goodness they are not piranhas!!
:p

Cleaning the glass (inside and the outside) every 2 days. Also when my maroon clown attacks any coral that looks like another anemone and bites off the polyps :evil: Ex. the flower pot (goniopora) I've had for 7 months now.

Saltcreep..........saltcreep and evaporation. Did I say saltcreep. Oh and I hate when my lemonpeel turns into a spaz and bolts for no apparent reason. Scares the crap out of everyone.

Saltcreep..........saltcreep and evaporation. Did I say saltcreep. Oh and I hate when my lemonpeel turns into a spaz and bolts for no apparent reason. Scares the crap out of everyone.

I am gonna have to go with the fact that I have two clowns who instantly heard any other fish in the tank into the anonome. So I have not added a new fish in months... however I have a second FOWLR tank up now that I am having alot of fun with ..

Doan

First of all, Kudos for starting this thread. Definately one of the more fun ones I've read.

Top three annoyances:

3. Cyano (Can't seem to kill the stuff, it just goes into remission)
2. Salt Creep (like sand, it gets everywhere!)
1. Having to scrape every form of algae known to mankind off my glass. The hard stuff, the soft stuff, you name it I've got it. My 90 gallion saltwater tank is viewed on three sides and I have my rocks piled up in the centre of the tank. So, when it comes to glass cleaning time my little arms get a workout. It doesn't help that my arms are short either. I feel like I'm swimming with the fish everytime. <rant-mode-off>

K.

I would have to say that I agree...Corals just deciding to die is at the top, algae scraping is up there too....but the worst.........

Evaporating 5 gallons of water off in less than 48hours.

Back
Top Bottom