Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-22-2004, 10:35 PM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefrunner69
The word no coming out of my wifes mouth too often
Bingo

Old 05-23-2004, 12:05 AM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Right now I have been frag crazy and while trying to glue loose shrooms or a colt frag and finding just the right spot, either the glue does not hold or a darn hermit/snail knocks the frag off.

Still missing a shroom and a colt frag

Old 05-23-2004, 12:12 AM   #23
Aquarium Advice Freak

Everytime I put my hand into the tank to move plants, rocks, get dirt from the filter, my tiger barbs try to eat my freckles!! And when one goes everybody else does it too!
This is more of a funny thing than a annoyance but I thought I put this here anyway - thank goodness they are not piranhas!!
:P
Old 05-23-2004, 12:13 AM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

Cleaning the glass (inside and the outside) every 2 days. Also when my maroon clown attacks any coral that looks like another anemone and bites off the polyps Ex. the flower pot (goniopora) I've had for 7 months now.
Old 05-23-2004, 12:14 AM   #25
Aquarium Advice Freak

oh n/m I misread SW for FW... That is what staring at a computer screen for too long does to you...
Old 05-23-2004, 03:07 AM   #26
Aquarium Advice Regular

Saltcreep..........saltcreep and evaporation. Did I say saltcreep. Oh and I hate when my lemonpeel turns into a spaz and bolts for no apparent reason. Scares the crap out of everyone.
50 gallon saltwater fish only...1 mated pair yellowtail damsels, neon dottyback, tomato clown, huma trigger, lemonpeel angel, 12 stripe wrase, bi-color blenny, dozen or so hermit crabs-scarlet and mexican, cerith snails, turbo snails, orange linkia starfish, 50 plus pounds of purple-pink coraline encrusted rock and a few mushrooms.

Redsea prism protein skimmer, 404 Fluval, UGF with two 201 powerheads.

7 gallon tank with 6 pounds of live rock and countless brittlestars, 5 hermit crabs, snails and 1 False Percula Clown fish and Camel Back Dancing shrimp
1neondottyback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 03:08 AM   #27
Aquarium Advice Regular

Saltcreep..........saltcreep and evaporation. Did I say saltcreep. Oh and I hate when my lemonpeel turns into a spaz and bolts for no apparent reason. Scares the crap out of everyone.
50 gallon saltwater fish only...1 mated pair yellowtail damsels, neon dottyback, tomato clown, huma trigger, lemonpeel angel, 12 stripe wrase, bi-color blenny, dozen or so hermit crabs-scarlet and mexican, cerith snails, turbo snails, orange linkia starfish, 50 plus pounds of purple-pink coraline encrusted rock and a few mushrooms.

Redsea prism protein skimmer, 404 Fluval, UGF with two 201 powerheads.

7 gallon tank with 6 pounds of live rock and countless brittlestars, 5 hermit crabs, snails and 1 False Percula Clown fish and Camel Back Dancing shrimp
1neondottyback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 10:20 AM   #28
Aquarium Advice Freak

I am gonna have to go with the fact that I have two clowns who instantly heard any other fish in the tank into the anonome. So I have not added a new fish in months... however I have a second FOWLR tank up now that I am having alot of fun with ..

Doan
Old 05-28-2004, 01:23 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

First of all, Kudos for starting this thread. Definately one of the more fun ones I've read.

Top three annoyances:

3. Cyano (Can't seem to kill the stuff, it just goes into remission)
2. Salt Creep (like sand, it gets everywhere!)
1. Having to scrape every form of algae known to mankind off my glass. The hard stuff, the soft stuff, you name it I've got it. My 90 gallion saltwater tank is viewed on three sides and I have my rocks piled up in the centre of the tank. So, when it comes to glass cleaning time my little arms get a workout. It doesn't help that my arms are short either. I feel like I'm swimming with the fish everytime. <rant-mode-off>

K.
Old 05-28-2004, 03:12 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Addict

I would have to say that I agree...Corals just deciding to die is at the top, algae scraping is up there too....but the worst.........

Evaporating 5 gallons of water off in less than 48hours.

175gallon reef

5,100 gal pond

Fish are people too!
SquishyFish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com