Most CONSISTANT salt mix??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

runway1

Aquarium Advice FINatic
There's an excellent thread on salt mixes running:

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=64139

I would like to shift the focus to CONSISTENCY. Seems each salt mix has its followers and all are probably acceptable. The problem I see is most have variability from mix to mix. Some with horrific results. So.......my question is:

What do you feel is the most consistent of the salt mixes avaialbe? Thanks all!

Unless you've used every salt out there, it's impossible to say which is most consistent. It's still all just opinion and you still have variables. Even though a salt may need buffered, it's still consistent since it mixes the same every time. I think your question though is which salt mixes consistent every time without buffers and I don't see how one person could answer that unless they've used every brand of salt out there for the same length of time.... etc.

I didn't expect coments for every mix. I thought users could comment on the consistency of THEIR mix. :D

The need for buffers is not an issue. As a user, as long as I know...I need to buffer xxx this much each time, every time - I'm fine.

What is the consistency of the salt prodcut you've chosen to use?

IO has been consistent for me "out of the box" regarding Ca/Alk. Ca is always ~340-350 ppm, alk~ 4 meg/l. Not the best numbers for reefs, but consistent. I don't test for other things such as Mg, etc. as frequently, if at all, so I can't comment on much else. Though I've never had any salt "issues" w/ it after some Ca adjustment.

Thanks Fluff and MT79. That's the input I was hoping for.

I just setup my new RO/DI unit and will soon mix my own. I was following the previous thread closely and that's what prompted my question for consisteny. Thanks again. Hope to get more inputs.

Back
Top Bottom