Mounting ideas for taotronics led

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks damped-

I built a canopy and mounted my leds in the canopy. leds are approx. 7 inches above the water I have 90 degree optics...see pics. below.

Looks killer bill. What size tank I that? Water doesn't splash and hit the LEDs?

55 gallon tank, and water does not splash onto the leds...here is another pic... I have an egg crate top without any glass its open and I evaporate about 1/2 to 3/4 gal of water a day...

Attachments

• 100_0687.jpg
    100_0687.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 100
55 gallon tank, and water does not splash onto the leds...here is another pic... I have an egg crate top without any glass its open and I evaporate about 1/2 to 3/4 gal of water a day...

Looks great. I wish I was that talented to build something like that. I have a 135g tang and am hoping to buy 3 of the 120's. I like the way my tank looks with cabinet and canopy. I would hate to have to lose the canopy.

Looks great. I wish I was that talented to build something like that. I have a 135g tang and am hoping to buy 3 of the 120's. I like the way my tank looks with cabinet and canopy. I would hate to have to lose the canopy.

post pics of the top of your canopy inside and outside....you may be able to cut the holes you need and simply set the units on top of your canopy.

I was meaning that you should build a frame that mounts to the wall. Itll extend out over te tank and hold the leds

As you can see my whole lid on canopy lifts up. Its 3/4 ply with a nice trim. It sits above water about 7". I'm trying to attach but it says that the photo exceeds my limit...?

You could do a floating canopy out of 2x4. That way itll give you the look of the canopy, but itll be a bit up off the tank

Like this, only it would be Anchored to the wall, not to the rim of the tank.

Attachments

• image-2815501814.jpg
    image-2815501814.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 66
Personally, i dont like there being any added weight on the tank itself unless absolutely necessary. Hanging the lights from either the ceiling or wall takes that weight off the tank itself

This is what I ended up doing and how my dragon eyes look under the blues

Attachments

• image-4287139280.jpg
    image-4287139280.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 91
  • image-817166407.jpg
    image-817166407.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 91
  • image-3358906642.jpg
    image-3358906642.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 88
chbix said:
This is what I ended up doing and how my dragon eyes look under the blues

This is a perfect idea, id drop the l-brackets down a bit and shorten the wire, then put a shelf across the l-brackets. It would look nice to have a few marine fish related decorations

I'm too afraid to have anything up there...especially with our cat whom I am convinced ate one of my bangais but can't prove it

Back
Top Bottom