Mounting ideas for taotronics led

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chbix

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just got 2 of the LEDs for my 55z. Was wanting to see how you guys are mounting them.

I was contemplating making some kind of support off of the stand that comes up the back of the tank but with over flow and return lines not sure if I want to. Not wanting to do a canopy either.

I have no problem mounting to wall but wanted to see other ideas first

image-357515780.jpg

This is what I did... I bought the AquaticLife mounting brackets that fasten to the tank stand.

I like that but not sure how I would do it with 2 of them.

You can mount one on each... Just mount the stands more towards the center of the back of the tank...

I have 2 hooks in the ceiling with a curtan rod going through them. I then attached 2 of the 4 small wires to long wires that are attached to the rod. So basically I have 4 long wires coming down and splitting off to either side of the units.....if that makes sense...

I have 2 hooks in the ceiling with a curtan rod going through them. I then attached 2 of the 4 small wires to long wires that are attached to the rod. So basically I have 4 long wires coming down and splitting off to either side of the units.....if that makes sense...

Me to, but I used a threaded rod with locknuts on the ends and some good looking chain. Good thing is you can slide the lights if there not centered on the rod.

Lowes/ home depot sells varying widths of metal strap.. Buy a 3-4 ft length. Soft bend it to the angle you want... Drill the holes to mount it. Then you can run the power cord down the back. Itll give a free floating look

How high should they be above the tank? It's. 55 gallon about 20" tall

I just bought a lighting bracket from aquastyleonline.com. It comes in 2 sizes, 24" 48". I had to cut mine to make it 36". Works perfectly! Only thing I'm a tad worried about is the screws rusting...

Attachments

• image-3146986505.jpg
    image-3146986505.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 98
Why not just anchor them into the wall??

Hey Huma, not sure if you're asking me, but I need a canopy. We have 4 kids who love throwing balls. I'd hate for anything to go into tank. Also my tank isn't drilled so I thing my DIY overflow would look hideous.

I did just buy some wall hangers and chain

It's not on my tank anymore, here it is.

Attachments

• image-306082651.jpg
    image-306082651.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 73
I built a canopy and mounted my leds in the canopy. leds are approx. 7 inches above the water I have 90 degree optics...see pics. below.

Attachments

• 100_0685.jpg
    100_0685.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 94
  • 100_0684.jpg
    100_0684.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 97
I built a canopy and mounted my leds in the canopy. leds are approx. 7 inches above the water I have 90 degree optics...see pics. below.
guess we had the same idea in regards to the way we mounted the LEDs on the canopy! :D

Back
Top Bottom