Mounting Montys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do i mount them laying flat or try to stand them up like a branching tree? Do i have to scrape off any of the flesh before i use the glue?

I just used a nice blob of super glue gel and mount them straight up. I don't do anything to the frag or the peice of lr I use to mount it on, but I try to use a small piece of rock that has a little hole or cervice and put the glue in there.

birdsnest.jpg

Here are the Mounting Pics...i have know idea what order they are going to upload in but im sure you can figure it out.

Sorry about the quolity of those pics, but I am trying to keep them VERY VERY small so i dont go over my quota.

Don't forget, you can upload to the gallery and link to them as well ;)

As for mounting vert or horizontal...for me it depends on the frag. If I get a frag that doesn't have any beanches or only one or two...I will mount it horizontal, if lots of branches already....I mount it verical. The majority of the growth on an SPS will be to create a secure base, then it starts upward and outward growth. The more surface area an SPS has on the LR the faster it will encrust, therefore, usually horizontal is better, but some frags don't lend themselves (shapewise) for horizontal mounting, plus they are not as immediately interesting as a vertically mounted frag. Also horizontal mounting encourages branching ;)

Back
Top Bottom